Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No game, just pain

Is it just me or they simply don`t make games like they used to? Is hard to find a good game to play nowadays... and when you do find it, you realize that in fact it is an old piece of software ;) .

Just a few weeks ago I was looking for a game to play (after being cold with girls => or the other way around :P <= for a while, the gaming instinct tends to grow on me) and most of the games out there are either way too evolved for my pc (a mere AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+ with a Geforce 7600 GT and 1Gb of RAM --> which is not so bad) or way too stupid/boring to waste gaming time on them (you know that feeling when you finish a mision and you feel sort of stupid because you`ve used brute force to beat the crap of the other guy (or AI) ... you`ve sent all your troops charging and you simply outnumbered him :) ... yeah, of course you do).

Why are they spending more and even more time,money and skill on making better textures and audio when the story of the game stinks?! Have we transformed in monkeys that are only impressed by colors and sounds? NO! OF COURSE WE DIDN`T! We demand games with GOOD stories and GOOD gameplay, games which can keep you awake deep into the night (cause you didn`t reached a savepoint :D most likely) and games where you don`t drool on the keyboard due to brain idle.

I remember playing LOTUS on HC 90 . For me those graphics and sounds were good enough... and what fun I had with that game. Noooo, today you have all sorts of cool graphical effects (smoke, shadows, feedback) and they try to reproduce reality as much as possible ... Why would I want a realistic GAME?! I want a game where I can escape from reality, where you look at the clock and notice that only one hour had passed but didn`t noticed the sun going down and come back up again.

I swear, if they continue this way I`ll really have to look for a girlfriend...

Why am I writing all this? Dunno exactly, mostly because MasterX asked me to... he said it would be a gaming blog read by no-one ... so for all the hot blondes out there, my phone number is 0749-XXX-XXX.

Btw, I`m going to Armin Van Buuren ... this saturday at "Arenele Romane" (Bucharest). Hope to see ya there ;)

Until next time, game on!

No comments: