Friday, June 20, 2008

The Witcher Adventure Contest

Some time ago, the guys from CD Project Red started a design contest. Since I've been dreaming for some time to be a game designer (but, due to lack of experience my CV had been turned down and I had to settle for programmer), I thought I might just give it a try. Being a lazy mofo, I almost missed submission. But hey, not sleeping a few nights hasn't killed that many people, and I'm fucking up pointers pretty bad when I'm awake, so maybe if I was sleeping while I'm programming might make our soft work - well, I pushed myself a bit and enter my fantasy work, hoping I'll get those glamorous wicther prizes.

Well, when I say "hoping" I'm being extremely positive - the second I sent the mail I started crying like a little girl, complaining to myself that the shit was not good enough, that I can do better, bla bla bla - you know, little bitch menstruating and stuff.

Well, to make a short story shorter, I didn't win. But I got runner up, which is pretty sweet to me (mine is Master Samurai X, a mixture with the mails and me forgetting to sign my work).

There are some more stages, but they require some work with the Djini editor, so I'm not so sure if I'm going to continue. And, between us, I think the fuckers that won first prize cheated - but hey, that's life.

-MasterX
a mixture of alcohol, smoke and pirated games

No comments: